Policy, Program, and Finance Internships
Published on July 10, 2023
The primary role of Center Forward interns will be to provide support to the organization as a whole and the broader programming, policy, and finance teams. Strong internship candidates will possess excellent written and oral communication skills, a strong attentiveness to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and an eagerness to learn about the political, government and congressional affairs processes. Internship responsibilities may include:
- Researching, writing, fact-checking, and editing for Center Forward’s weekly-published Basics series — policy documents covering a broad range of issues
- Performing research on relevant legislative and political issues to inform and support Basics and other policy publications
- Preparing briefing and background materials, coordinating schedules and scheduling appointments, and communicating project objectives
- Assisting with the preparation and execution of Center Forward programming events including logistics and staffing for events, meetings, conferences, seminars, and other events as needed
- Maintaining files and records according to the needs of the programming, policy, and finance team
- Speaking professionally about the work that Center Forward does in meetings with stakeholders
- Perform various other duties that may be assigned from time to time based on the needs of the organization
Are you someone who:
- Is a passionate and creative problem solver?
- Is a collaborator and team player?
- Is an excellent communicator – written and verbal?
- Is detail-oriented while remaining flexible?
- Is excited by a fast-paced work environment?
- Is able to persevere through difficult situations with composure and humor?
- Is eager to learn and grow?
If so, we want to talk to you about Center Forward’s internship opportunities. Additional qualifications include:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in GSuite, including Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of government, legislative, and executive processes is helpful, but not required
To apply, please submit a resume and 1-page cover letter as one document in PDF format. Applicants can submit application materials to email@example.com with the subject line “Internship.” Please indicate in your cover letter if you have a special interest in any particular issue or subject matter area and whether you are interested in programming, policy, or finance.
Compensation and Benefits:
Center Forward is an organization that believes work and life should be in balance. We offer transparency about pay ranges and benefits for internships.
Center Forward internships offer stipends and hourly rates based on availability during the work week. This may be discussed during the interview process.
Benefits at Center Forward include:
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules
- Unlimited PTO and liberal leave schedules
- Transportation benefits
Center Forward brings together members of Congress, not-for profits, academic experts, trade associations, corporations and unions to find common ground. Our mission: to give centrist allies the information they need to craft common sense solutions, and provide those allies the support they need to turn those ideas into results.
In order to meet our challenges we need to put aside the partisan bickering that has gridlocked Washington and come together to find common sense solutions.
For more information, please visit www.center-forward.org. Center Forward is an equal opportunity employer. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.