Center Forward is seeking a well-connected, personable Director of Outreach and Engagement who is inspired by our mission to give centrist allies the information they need to craft common sense solutions, and provide those allies the support they need to turn those ideas into results.
The primary role of the Director of Outreach and Engagement in the organization is to develop, strengthen, and maintain strong relationships with Center Forward stakeholders both on Capitol Hill, and in the business and advocacy community. The Director of Outreach and Engagement will work in tandem with the Director of Programming to sync the work of both positions and grow the organization. The Director of Outreach and Engagement will succeed by:
- Creating and leveraging strong relationships with stakeholders, Members of Congress, congressional staff, foreign diplomats, third party advocacy groups, and others
- Collaborating closely with the Director of Programming to strategically organize programming and engage broad audiences in doing so
- Amplifying research, polling, policy and political work, and special projects to all Center Forward partners
- Identifying new Members of Congress, congressional staff, and potential stakeholders as transitions regularly occur, and devising a strategy to engage them in Center Forward programming
- Writing reports, summaries, and updates that highlight both the quantitative and qualitative successes of annual programming, conferences, and special projects
- Track issues for and regularly engage with key stakeholders through a variety of mediums to further connect to the work and mission of Center Forward
- Representing Center Forward at events and speaking intelligently about the history and current work of, as well as partnership opportunities with Center Forward
- Building broad brand identification and awareness within the business and political communities in and out of Washington, D.C.
- Managing a system that tracks engagement, prioritizes new introductions, and strategizes future outreach
- Supporting the Director of Programming on various projects
Are you someone who:
- Is a passionate and creative problem solver?
- Is a collaborator and team player?
- Is an excellent communicator – written and verbal?
- Is detail-oriented while remaining flexible?
- Is excited by a fast-paced work environment?
- Is able to persevere through difficult situations with composure and humor?
- Is eager to learn and grow?
If so, we want to talk to you about Center Forward’s Director of Outreach and Engagement role. Additional qualifications include:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in GSuite, including Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of government, legislative, and executive processes is helpful, but not required
To apply, please submit a resume and 1-page cover letter as one document in PDF format. Applicants can submit application materials to [email protected] with the subject line “Director of Outreach and Engagement.”
Compensation and Benefits:
Center Forward is an organization that believes work and life should be in balance. We offer transparency about pay ranges and competitive benefits.
The salary range for the Director of Outreach and Engagement position (salaried, exempt) is $70,000 – $80,000 USD.
Benefits at Center Forward include:
- Generous contribution (60% of monthly premium) to a co-pay healthcare and dental plan
- 50% match of employee’s 401k contribution (up to contribution maximum)
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules
- Unlimited PTO and liberal leave schedules
- Performance-based bonuses
- And other benefits, further details provided upon request
Center Forward brings together members of Congress, not-for profits, academic experts, trade associations, corporations and unions to find common ground. Our mission: to give centrist allies the information they need to craft common sense solutions, and provide those allies the support they need to turn those ideas into results.
In order to meet our challenges we need to put aside the partisan bickering that has gridlocked Washington and come together to find common sense solutions.
For more information, please visit www.center-forward.org. Center Forward is an equal opportunity employer. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.