Center Forward is seeking a thoughtful and dynamic Policy Program Manager to manage and implement a programming agenda focused on trade, innovation, and workforce and who is inspired by our mission to give centrist allies the information they need to craft common sense solutions, and provide those allies the support they need to turn those ideas into results.
The primary role of the Policy Program Manager in the organization is to develop, coordinate, and execute a robust agenda of programming to achieve organizational goals specifically related to the latest legislative and industry developments on issues related to trade, innovation, and workforce. In doing so, the Policy Program Manager will:
- Serve as the team lead on all issues within the trade, innovation, and workforce portfolios to plan and develop issue-oriented programming to satisfy the needs of current stakeholders and engage new, prospective stakeholders
- Track and analyze legislative, industry, and regulatory developments and proposals important to stakeholders and keep the team apprised of new information
- Conduct legislative and third-party research, analysis, fact-checking, and editing to draft policy Basics series
- Establish and maintain relationships with committee staff, legislative directors, and legislative assistants
- Work with ally convener and policy organizations to promote Center Forward’s initiatives and programming
- Setup and maintain detailed files and records of all work
- Answer routine inquiries when necessary and be able to speak professionally about the work and brand of Center Forward
- Perform various other duties that may be assigned from time to time based on the needs of the organization
Are you someone who:
- Is a passionate and creative problem solver?
- Is a collaborator and team player?
- Is an excellent communicator – written and verbal?
- Is detail-oriented while remaining flexible?
- Is excited by a fast-paced work environment?
- Is able to persevere through difficult situations with composure and humor?
- Is eager to learn and grow?
If so, we want to talk to you about Center Forward’s Policy Program Manager role. Additional qualifications include:
- Minimum 2-3 years of trade, innovation, or workforce policy experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in GSuite, including Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of government, legislative, and executive processes is helpful, but not required
To apply, please submit a resume and 1-page cover letter as one document in PDF format. Applicants can submit application materials to [email protected]er-forward.org with the subject line “Policy Program Manager.”
Compensation and Benefits:
Center Forward is an organization that believes work and life should be in balance. We offer transparency about pay ranges and competitive benefits.
The salary range for the Policy Program Manager position (salaried, exempt) is $50,000 – $60,000 USD.
Benefits at Center Forward include:
- Generous contribution (60% of monthly premium) to a co-pay healthcare and dental plan
- 50% match of employee’s 401k contribution (up to contribution maximum)
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules
- Unlimited PTO and liberal leave schedules
- Performance-based bonuses
- And other benefits, further details provided upon request
Center Forward brings together members of Congress, not-for profits, academic experts, trade associations, corporations and unions to find common ground. Our mission: to give centrist allies the information they need to craft common sense solutions, and provide those allies the support they need to turn those ideas into results.
In order to meet our challenges we need to put aside the partisan bickering that has gridlocked Washington and come together to find common sense solutions.
For more information, please visit www.center-forward.org. Center Forward is an equal opportunity employer. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.