Center Forward is seeking a talented, motivated Staff Assistant who is inspired by our mission to give centrist allies the information they need to craft common sense solutions, and provide those allies the support they need to turn those ideas into results. Center Forward is a bipartisan, not for profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C.
The Staff Assistant’s primary role in the organization is to empower the CEO and Executive Director of the organization to do their best work through:
- Managing and scheduling calendars, including the CEO, Executive Director, and Center Forward office calendars
- Preparing for Board meetings and Staff meetings, including scheduling, gathering and assembling agendas; collecting and preparing Board updates
- Drafting and sending correspondence
- Tracking and supporting completion of follow up items
- Managing office logistics and activities, including vendor and maintenance coordination and supplies
- Scheduling and coordinating team events such as celebrations, offsites, and parties; executing on Center Forward event logistics in partnership with team members
- Anticipating the needs of the CEO and Executive Director and suggesting and implementing improvements to logistics and workflows
Are you someone who:
- Is a passionate and creative problem solver?
- Is a collaborator and team player?
- Is an excellent communicator – written and verbal?
- Is detail-oriented while remaining flexible?
- Is excited by a fast-paced work environment?
- Is able to persevere through difficult situations with composure and humor?
- Is eager to learn and grow?
If so, we want to talk to you about Center Forward’s Staff Assistant role. Additional qualifications include:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in GSuite, including Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of government, legislative and executive processes is helpful, but not required
To apply, please submit a resume and 1-page cover letter as one document in PDF format. Applicants can submit application materials to [email protected] with the subject line “Staff Assistant.”
Compensation and Benefits:
Center Forward is an organization that believes work and life should be in balance. We offer transparency about pay ranges and competitive benefits.
The salary range for the Staff Assistant position (salaried, exempt) is $45,000 – $50,000 USD.
Benefits at Center Forward include:
- Generous contribution (60% of monthly premium) to a co-pay healthcare and dental plan
- 50% match of employee’s 401k contribution (up to contribution maximum)
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules
- Unlimited PTO and liberal leave schedules
- Performance-based bonuses
- And other benefits, further details provided upon request
Center Forward brings together members of Congress, not-for profits, academic experts, trade associations, corporations and unions to find common ground. Our mission: to give centrist allies the information they need to craft common sense solutions, and provide those allies the support they need to turn those ideas into results.
In order to meet our challenges we need to put aside the partisan bickering that has gridlocked Washington and come together to find common sense solutions.
For more information, please visit www.center-forward.org. Center Forward is an equal opportunity employer. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.