Collection of your Personal Information
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information if you fill out a form, make a donation, send us an email, sign up for an event, sign up to receive updates or SMS alerts, request information, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer or otherwise communicate with us or through our platform. The types of information we collect may include your name, contact information (including email address, social media handles, user names, postal address, phone number), payment information, and other information you choose to provide.
Use of your Personal Information
Center Forward collects and uses your personal information for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Site,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions, and requests, provide customer service, request feedback, and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, resources, promotions, contests, products and services;
- Help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers for issues and organizations we support;
- Contact you if other information is necessary under Federal laws;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and interests and match you with opportunities;
- Personalize and improve the Site and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests or that are based on the information you provide or the actions you take; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Center Forward may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Center Forward and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may share your information with organizations with similar political objectives and viewpoints for the purpose of advancing our own political objectives.
We share your information with third-party vendors who help us with specialized services, such as conducting surveys, customer support, email message deployment, analytics, marketing, and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your information to help us provide our Services and not for any other purposes.
We may also share your information with third parties in aggregated or non-personally identifiable form. We may also share your information in any other manner which you consent to.
Center Forward may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Center Forward or the Site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Center Forward; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Center Forward, or the public.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Center Forward. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Center Forward website.
The Center Forward website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Center Forward pages, or register with Center Forward’s site, a cookie helps Center Forward to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Center Forward website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Center Forward features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Center Forward services or websites you visit.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
Center Forward secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Center Forward uses the following methods for this purpose:
– SSL Protocol
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
Center Forward does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, Center Forward may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from Center Forward or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Center Forward, you may opt out of such communications by Unsubscribing.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to this Statement
Center Forward welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Center Forward has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Center Forward at:
Effective as of July 01, 2023